THIS is the sale everyone is talking about.
Jetstar has just launched its Spring Sale, offering dirt-cheap prices on flights to a range of Australian cities and top international destinations – but there’s a catch.
The deal includes flights to Australia cities starting from $35 — around the price of a pub lunch.
There are also bargain-basement prices on flights to some of Australians’ favourite holiday spots such as Bali, Bangkok, Honolulu, Tokyo, Auckland and Singapore.
But before you get too trigger-happy on the deal, there are a few things you should consider first.
These prices are one-way fares, so you’ll have to double them for the return flight. And a big part of how Jetstar can offer airfares this low, is they really only cover the cost of your seat.
If you want to check in luggage or have an in-flight meal, which might be necessary for longer trips and international flights, you’ll have to pay for those separately.
If you hope to buy tickets for flights to or from Melbourne, double check the airport listed — some flights in the sale use Tullamarine airport and for others, Avalon.
Seats are available between October 2018 and June 2019 and there are specific dates for each route.
Finder.com.au pointed out most school holiday dates are excluded, but there are a few exceptions, such as dates in early January.
Jetstar’s Spring Sale includes:
• Adelaide to Melbourne (Avalon) from $35 one way
• Adelaide to Hobart from $58 one way
• Melbourne (Avalon) to Sydney from $35 one way
• Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Gold Coast from $65 one way
• Gold Coast or Brisbane to Sydney from $49 one way
• Brisbane to Newcastle from $45 one way
• Hobart to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $42 one way
• Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Bangkok from $199 one way
• Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Bali (Denpasar) from $179 one way
• Sydney or Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Honolulu from $239 one way
• Sydney or Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Phuket from $209 one way
• Sydney to Bali (Denpasar) from $209 one way
• Darwin to Bali (Denpasar) from $109 one way
• Gold Coast or Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Christchurch from $125 one way
• Gold Coast to Tokyo from $269 one way
• Cairns to Tokyo from $199 one way.
The sale started at 12am on Thursday and will run until 11.59pm on Tuesday, September 4 on unless sold out prior — and that may be the case. You can book via Jetstar’s website.
HERE ARE SOME OTHER SWEET TRAVEL DEALS
Escape to the Gold Coast
Thinking of taking the family to the good old Gold Coast? Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort and Spa is offering a massive sale on its new Surfers Paradise Escape package, with a discount of up to 54 per cent on the total package price.
This means you can stay for a minimum of two nights in a variety of hinterland-facing or ocean view rooms from $489.
And that price includes a bunch of perks, such as breakfast for two adults and two children under 12 each day, unlimited in-room movies, sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival, valert parking and $50 F & B credit per stay, per room.
Big Discounts For Perisher
Scoopon is offering a big discount on holiday packages to Perisher for those who want to get the most out of the final months of the ski season.
With prices starting at $399 per room, it’s offering a two or three-night stay at The Station hotel at Jindabyne along with two Perisher lift passes per person, 50 per cent off ski and board hire, and 30 per cent off ski and snowboard lessons.
The deals are available to groups of two, three or four people and available on Scoopon.